There’s so many aspects of hosting a great get together such as location, seating, decorations or theme. But the most important factor for being considered the rock star of bbq season is the food.
Of course, all bbqs consist of charred meats, potato salad, corn on the cob and outdoor appetizers such as chips and dips, however, being conscientious of all guests diets, for reasons of weight loss or food allergies should be considered.
Here’s some helpful tips to getting you to rock star status!
Be the Talk of the Neighborhood with these BBQ Tips
- Veggie platters are always a hit on a hot summer day and good for those calorie counters.
- Instead of a creamy dip offer guacamole or salsa. This will be helpful for those that may be lactose intolerant and they have less unhealthy fats.
- Grill up some asparagus instead of corn on the cob. Corn is high in starchy carbs. So for those lowering their carb intake, asparagus would be a great alternative.
- Chicken breast is a healthy choice for dieters and less likely to cause an allergic reaction, just be careful with how you season it.
- Offer a type of fish, preferably salmon. Salmon is easy to grill. Plus, they are high in protein and omega 3s. However, there may be a possibility for a food allergy so talk with your guests.
I hope you found value in this article. One last tip (unrelated to food), make sure there are activities, such as toys for kids, lawn darts, or bean bag football.